Sunday 16 October 2011

ASDA Play & Learn 50 Piece Wooden Blocks Playset review


This was the second wooden blocks playset from the ASDA Play & Learn range that I was sent to review, so if you haven't yet read my review (here) of the A to Z Wooden Blocks, you might like to check that out too.


The 50 Piece Wooden Blocks Playset contains a whole set of the alphabet blocks from the previous set - namely thirteen blocks with two letters on each and pictures of objects starting with the letters represented on each block on the remaining sides, as well as the numbers from 1 to 4. The playset also contains a variety of different sized and shaped blocks - rectangles, cubes, cylinders, triangles, semi-circles and bridges - which allow you to construct interesting towers, buildings or even whole town layouts for you to push your toy cars around in.

It's a great educational toy, helping to finetune hand-eye coordination as well as give great practise in recognising the letters from A to Z and the numbers from 1 to 4.

There is only one very slight niggle I can think of - the plastic edges on the packaging are quite sharp so I would have preferred a cardboard box, especially as the A to Z Wooden Block set comes in sturdy cardboard packaging. It's a great value toy which is a brilliant find for anyone trying to sort out Christmas presents on a tight budget this year.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5


Other reviews you may be interested in :


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I have read this, I was looking for a wooden block set for my youngest son Oliver for xmas, and some are quite expensive, I didn't think to try Asda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this sort of toys! Shame, there is no ASDA near where we live...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have got these for my wee boy for xmas - glad you liked them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...