Monday 10 October 2011

Bold 2in1 with a touch of Lenor Rose Blush & Peony review


A few weeks ago, I signed up to be a member of the Savvy Circle, part of the Super Savvy Me website, which is a great website for keeping up to date with news of top brands, as well as competitions and free sample offers. The Savvy Circle is exactly the same as Bzz Agent, which I've told you about before (here for example) - leading brands send you through some of their products, free of charge, in return for your honest opinions and for helping spread the word about them, whether online or face to face with people you know. (If you want to sign up, you need to go here.)

I was really pleased to discover that the first project I could participate in was for Bold 2in1 Rose Blush & Peony. As a mum of three, I spend a lot of time washing and drying clothes so I love it when a new detergent comes along that puts a smile on my face. I'm not some sort of Stepford Wife or Bree Vanderkamp who gets a kick out of doing the housework but I do love the exotic, indulgent scents that almost make folding the washing into a pleasurable moment of me-time. (But only almost !) Well, as soon as I used the new Bold, I was won over by the gorgeous scent that strangely reminds me of Parma Violets (remember them ?!). Best of all, the fragrance drifts out of the tumble drier and perfumes the whole upper floor of the house, which is an added bonus.

Apart from the lovely fragrance, I was also impressed with the product itself. Although it didn't manage to totally remove the poo stains from a leaky toxic nappy (Pierre takes laundry detergent testing very seriously and always manages to provide stains on demand !), it did get everything else lovely and clean and I love the fact that it's a 2in1 product so you don't have to add a fabric softener on top to get nice soft clothes. That's better for the planet (less bottles), takes up less room in the laundry cupboard, avoids lugging home two big bottles from the shops and saves time - admittedly, only a couple of minutes per wash but multiply that by the number of machines you do in a month and it'll equate to one very precious hour of me-time. Real me-time this time, not laundry folding !

The clever bit is that it uses Perfume Micro Capsule (PMC) technology to offer longlasting freshness, even after three weeks in your wardrobe according to the manufacturers. Every time you touch or rub your clothes, tiny micro capsules are released to give you more of that lovely fragrance. I did actually come in to the staffroom at work to discover one of my colleagues sniffing my jumper and trying to work out what my new perfume was, which was quite funny ! I have noticed that the fragrance has lasted much longer than usual on the bedding too, which is lovely as you get that "new sheets" feel for much longer.

The Rose Blush & Peony fragrance is part of the Infusions collection, alongside the luxurious sounding Ruby Jasmine and White Diamond & Lotus Flower. I'll definitely be trying out the other fragrances to see if they're as impressive as the Rose Blush & Peony one.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : 18 wash £4.59, 25 wash £6.19

for more information and a £1 off voucher : https://www.supersavvyme.co.uk/bold/products.aspx

Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! and well done for making this review interesting and entertaining to read, not easy whilst reviewing detergent....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sent a bold sample from super savvy me. This new scent sounds good enough to put in the bath! I'll be round tesco checking this out on Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...