Friday 14 September 2012

Sharpham Park Spelt Shortbread review


I told you about our day out at Dennlys Parc last Sunday and one of the things that I packed in the picnic were these Spelt Shortbread biscuits from Sharpham Park. To be totally honest, I thought they looked a bit bland and uninteresting in the packet but I was attracted to the fact that they weren't chocolatey so they wouldn't melt in the sun. Well, one little nibble was all that I needed to discover that they aren't bland or uninteresting at all - they're totally delicious with a really rich buttery taste.



Having sampled a fair few Sharpham Park products now, I know that I love the taste of spelt but it does have a slightly firm, almost gritty texture sometimes. If I hadn't read the label, I honestly wouldn't have known that these shortbread biscuits were made using spelt rather than regular flour. In fact, when I mentioned it to Madhouse Daddy Mike, he was quite surprised.

The only bad thing about them, and this comes as absolutely no surprise given the rich buttery taste, is that they contain an eye-watering 525 calories per 100g. That wouldn't be a huge problem if it wasn't for the fact that are so utterly delicious that it's very hard to stop at one !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.95 for 150g

for more information : http://www.sharphampark.com



Disclosure : I received a selection of Sharpham Park products in order to write honest reviews.

Other reviews you may be interested in :



5 comments:

  1. mmmm you make them sound so delicious. im not usually fussed about shortbread but i might give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. Will have to try them in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its the butter that creates me the probs, Im fine with the gluten but take out the dairy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh but if you took out the butter, they wouldn't be so nice !

      Delete
  4. calorific! ok as an occasional treat i guess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...