Monday 22 April 2013

Cadbury's Double Choc Crispello Bags review


When Cadbury's got in touch and asked if I'd like to try out their new Crispello, I jumped at the chance - let's face it, who in their right mind would turn down the offer of free chocolate ?! I actually reviewed Crispello back in November (you can see the original Crispello review here) so I was intrigued to see what they had done to change it.

Well, the answer is, it now comes in share bags (or, in my case, hide them in the back of the baking cupboard to dip into when the kids and hubby aren't looking bags !) rather than the original bars with three pieces. I actually prefer the bags, not just because you get more chocolate (12 pieces instead of 3) but because they are individually wrapped, making it more hygienic if you don't want to eat it all in one go. Opening a slightly fiddly wrapper containing three separate chocolates was always a bit risky in my experience - I learnt quickly that you should always open it above a table in case one or two of the chocolates fell out, as they often did - so the individual wrappers avoid this problem.


It also helps add an incentive to stop eating after one bite. Even if the whole advertising campaign behind Crispello was that it was diet-friendly chocolate targetting women, that only worked if you ate one sweet, containing 55 calories. Eating all three would contain pretty much as many calories as many other chocolate bars on the market but it was so tempting to eat all three in one sitting !

Speaking of advertising, have you seen the latest Crispello advert? The one where the girl tells her boyfriend (and his parents) that she thinks his dad is hot? You can watch it here if not :



I've never seen so many people talking about an advert on twitter before ! People either seem to think it's really funny or horribly sick and creepy. But as the saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity ! The idea behind the ad is that some secrets are too good not to share, and if you head over to Cadbury's Facebook page, there is a competition on that very theme which will enable you to win fab prizes including Crispello.


And while we're on the subject of Cadbury's competitions, do you remember that rather fabulous chocolate hamper giveaway I ran in honour of the Joyville competition to invent a brand new word to describe the taste of Cadbury Dairy Milk? Well, I entered with "scrumdiddlyicious" but that wasn't good enough sadly ! The winner was a very lucky lady called Jane Ballinger from Glyn Ceiriog who beat off 77,000 competitors with the fantastically inventive ABSOVERYLICIOUS! Jane’s amazing prize package will allow her to design a handful of truly unique Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, get an exclusive first taste of all new Cadbury chocolate innovation before it hits the shelves, and, as would be expected, receive plenty of delicious Cadbury Dairy Milk.


Ah well, I did get some Crispello and I will be reviewing the new Marvellous Creations bars soon too, so I can't complain !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.03 for 120g (12 sweets)

for more information : www.cadbury.co.uk/crispello

Disclosure : I receive some bags of Crispello in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

The Panda Guide to Love !

3 comments:

  1. I had not seen the ad, it made me laugh. I sort of like that humour :)I will be trying these out as my weekend treat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...