Sunday 14 April 2013

Full Marks Headlice Treatment review


If you follow me on twitter, you may have noticed my horrified tweet at exactly this time last week - "What you don't want to hear on a Sunday morning : "Mum, Pierre's got black things on his head and they're moving!" Yes, you've guessed it, he brought home headlice from school. I wasn't really surprised as they'd put a little "headlice!" sign in the window of his classroom a couple of days before. It was actually really good timing because he'd had his hair cut the day before so he had much shorter hair, making it easier to treat.


One of the upsides of being a blogger is that I actually had a cupboard full of headlice treatments and repellents that had been sent through for us to review. Despite having three kids, including two girls with long hair, I'm amazed to say that this is the first time we've had to deal with headlice so I hadn't had a chance to try any of them out.

I opted for the Full Marks spray, read the instructions and applied it to Pierre's head. You only need to leave it on for ten minutes so I have to admit, I was dubious about how well it would work. I still have memories of the vile-smelling stuff that you had to leave on overnight when I was a kid. This light, slightly oily spray actually smells quite pleasant. I rubbed it into his hair and scalp and Pierre happily sat watching the TV as it did its stuff. It's not at all drippy or stingy so there were no complaints at all.


I'd already combed through his hair with a nit comb (there's one in the box with the spray) and removed about twelve adult headlice that were very active. I couldn't see any others but, when I took him to the bathroom to wash off the Full Marks, there were another two headlice on his head, both dead. I had another go with the nit comb after we'd dried his hair and couldn't find any more, although it did an amazing job of removing his cradlecap !

I've held off writing this review all week because I wanted to see if they'd come back. I'm delighted to say, they haven't, despite that "headlice!" sign still being displayed in the classroom window. 

I've heard lots of horror stories about headlice now being really resistant to the treatments on the market so I was really relieved and pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get rid of them. Full Marks definitely does get full marks from us !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £6.36

Disclosure : We received some Full Marks products to review back in 2009 - I blogged about them at the time (here) but this is the first time we've actually been able to put them to the test !

Other reviews you may be interested in :


2 comments:

  1. ive always found this the best one to use, although i find it a real pain to wash out as its so oily, Tea tree scented products are great for preventing head lice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that it did the job so well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...