Thursday 18 April 2013

Ozeri Touch II Digital Bathroom Scales review


When I was offered the chance to select a product from Ozeri's range of household and lifestyle products, I went off to investigate as it was a brand I was unfamiliar with. The email explained : "By way of brief introduction, Ozeri is a manufacturer of products for contemporary homes. Their houseware products are distinguished by advanced designs, robust construction, and functional durability. Owing its genesis as a supplier to the hotel industry, Ozeri is an established brand in the USA, and is presently looking to expand into the UK." I had a look through their range and opted for some new bathroom (or, in my case, bedroom !) scales. I thought they looked very sleek but it wasn't until they arrived that I realised how very clever they are.


If you've been following my weekly Sunday weigh-in blogposts, you'll know that some weeks aren't logical. I'll have a fabulous week eating healthily and doing loads of exercise and find that I've put on weight when I jump on the scales or, conversely, I'll have a week of doing everything wrong and be stunned to see that the numbers on the scales have gone down. I know that weight is just one factor that you should look at to see how well you're doing over all, as the extra weight could just be water retention or extra muscle.

That's where the Ozeri bathroom scales are great. They measure weight, body fat, hydration, muscle and bone mass so whether you've had a good or bad week, you can see not only how your weight has changed but also go some way towards understanding why. Not only would this mean Cartman from South Park would no longer be able to use the "I'm not fat, I'm big-boned" excuse, you'll be able to see if the fact that you're feeling bloated really is due to the time of month or if it is the result of that extra slice of chocolate cake that you couldn't say no to !



The Ozeri Touch II has four "high precision G sensors" (whatever that means !) so you do have to make sure you put your feet in the right position for it to work properly. It can weigh up to 440 pounds (200 kilograms) and measures in 0.2lb or 0.1kg increments. The numbers are easy to read and it stores profiles for numerous people (up to eight) which is brilliant if more than one member of the family wants to keep track of their progress.

I really like the look of them too. They're certainly much snazzier than my old scales !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £69.95 (but only £32.95 on amazon)



Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Lunaling Techwear Capri Pants 7-day Challenge

3 comments:

  1. bargain price on amazon! amazing how they can tell you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound good but I can't see how they measure hydration, body fat etc. Miracle scales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sensors send a very low level electrical current through your body which detects the different densities of water, bone, fat, muscle, etc apparently.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...