Tuesday 19 November 2013

Getting ready to discover the cuisine of ... Korea


This month's Kitchen Nomad box has just been delivered and, as always, I couldn't wait to see what would be nestling inside and which country's cuisine I'd soon be discovering. At the first glance, I could already tell that this was something Far Eastern but had no more precise idea than that. Well, it is in fact Korea being showcased this month, a country whose food I knew very little about - apart from the obvious "they eat dogs there, don't they?" comment which is what I'm sure everyone instantly thought of !



The ingredients in this box look fabulously exotic and unknown :

- Korean Chilli Powder
-Dried Shitake Mushrooms
-Seasame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Sweet Potato Noodles
- Soy Sauce
- Kimchi (a fermented vegetables dish)
- Korean Ginseng Drink
- Bamboo Skewers

The recipes this month have been put together by Cecilia Hae Jin Lee and include Sauteed Eggplant, Sweet Potato Noodles, Beef Skewers and Seasoned Tofu, accompanied by Kimchi and Korean Ginseng Beer. I have absolutely no idea what to expect so I'm looking to a gastronomic voyage of discovery !

Disclosure : I received a discounted Kitchen Nomad subscription in order to keep you up to date with their latest boxes.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

6 comments:

  1. wow I would have a clue what to do with any of this! will be interested to see what you come up with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily they supply you with the recipes too ! :)

      Delete
  2. I might be tempted to buy it, as I haven't tried kimchi for ages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm glad you said that because I was feeling a bit apprehensive about tasting that one !! I can't imagine what it's like - fermented vegetables sounds like compost !

      Delete
    2. My parents' good friend in Russia was a Korean who cooked the most fantastic dishes. He made his own kimchi, very hot. Korean snacks are very popular in Russia, if you visit the markets, there are always Korean ladies selling their foods, utterly delicious

      Delete
  3. Ooh I didn't know that :) I'll let you know how we get on then !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...