Friday 17 July 2015

Madhouse diaries : A dinosaur birthday cake


I can't believe Pierre is six today ! 


He was born at around the same time as my blog started so it's fascinating to look back at the early photos and see how he has grown, along with the Madhouse girls !


I decided to knock up a quick cake this morning and grabbed a Betty Crocker mix out of the cupboard.


After adding oil, water and eggs, I poured it into a dinosaur cake mould and thew it in the oven.


The moment of truth - would it fall apart or hold it's shape? Well, it's not bad at all as a base.


I used icing, mini Smarties and sprinkles to add the details.


The birthday boy was impressed, especially as it had his name on it !


Time to blow out the candles !


Happy birthday Pierre - enjoy your cake !

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you ! It was a bit of a rush job but it came out better than I expected ! :)

      Delete
  2. Time flies doesn't it? The cake looks very tasty and I love cake mixes that are easy to make!

    Kirsty Fox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...