Friday 17 February 2017

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 17/2


Into the second week of the school holidays (still a not-so-distant dream at the time of writing !) and after a week of #KitchenClearout last week, using up packets and jars from the cupboards, this week will be more about cooking from scratch, to clear out some of my bookmarked recipes.

Saturday

lunch - time for our traditional Saturday morning trip to McDonald's to ease into the weekend


dinner - warm spicy lime prawn salad with rice

Sunday

lunch - roast dinner or raclette, depending on what everyone fancies

dinner - smorging with whatever's in the fridge

Monday 

lunch - I think some version of gumbo may be a great way of using up the leftovers from the Sunday roast

dinner - Khmer meat pancakes

Tuesday 

lunch - Cape Town tarts (think savoury omelette-like muffins) with ... not sure what they'll go with ! ..spaghetti or rice or maybe baked beans ! I'll see how they come out

dinner -  chicken biryani from my Indian Kitchen Trotter box, with raita

Wednesday 

lunch - When I saw a mention of a Peruvian dish called Lomo saltado, I went to investigate because I loved the Peruvian recipes that I tried from the Kitchen Trotter box. It sounds crazy on wikipedia but I like the sound of without the rice ! - "a popular, traditional Peruvian dish, a stir fry that typically combines marinated strips of sirloin with onions, tomatoes, french fries, and other ingredients, and is typically served with rice". I shall investigate further !

dinner - tomato pie with cheese crust, salad & veggie pakoras

Thursday 

lunch - Slow cooker creamy taco ranch chicken with Mexican rice

dinner - Bunny Chow (South African curry that has nothing to do with rabbits !)

Friday  


lunch - I'm thinking there will be a fridge full of leftovers but if not, spaghetti carbonara


dinner - focaccia tart

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the weekly meal plan bloghop !

8 comments:

  1. Ohh! Two weeks for the school holidays...We only have a week here. Hmmf. hehehe The Cape Town tarts sound interesting!
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have longer schooldays though so I think it's swings and roundabouts ! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh the Cape Town tarts sound lovely, I may have to investigate further. The gumbo also sounds delicious. Hope you have a good half term. Thank you for sharing with #MealPlanningMonday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had them today in the end so the recipe will be up tomorrow probably :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a lover of leftovers, I can always use it up! Baked potatoes with the previous days leftovers is a big hit for me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours often end up with a jar of curry sauce or made into a pie !

      Delete
  4. The Bunny Chow sounds really interesting, I am off to Google. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the whatever is in the fridge approach, we tend to do that every now and then when we have lots of random things left here and there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...