Tuesday 6 March 2018

#KitchenClearout recipe : Prawn & Pasta Mish Mash


OK, so I probably could have made more of an effort both in terms of name and visual appeal, but this tasted surprisingly good and cleared out all the odds and ends before the weekly shop !

Prawn & Pasta Mish Mash

ingredients :

leftover cooked pasta 
1/2 yellow pepper (red and green would be fine too)
4 mushrooms
2 onions
some cooked and peeled king prawns
a pouch of tomato & garlic sauce (or use tinned tomatoes & fresh garlic)
chilli flakes (optional)


All last week, I was hosting a half-term English class in the mornings, so Sophie was on lunch duty. On Friday, she made spaghetti carbonara without cream (so in other words, pasta and bacon - I'm not laughing, honest !) so the leftovers were my starting point for the evening meal. I gave them a quick zap in the microwave to warm them up before returning them to the pan.


A quick rummage through the fridge came up with some onions, mushrooms and yellow pepper and I found a pouch in the cupboard from a recent Degustabox.


Peeling the prawns was the only time-consuming part of the whole dish.


Quickly fry the onions, mushrooms and peppers and stir through the pasta.


Heat the prawns in the frying pan you've just used and stir through the sauce. Add chilli flakes if you like.


Add to the pot and give it all a good stir. Serve, topped with ripped basil leaves and some parmesan.


Adding to this month's #KitchenClearout linky as it used up lots of odds and ends.


3 comments:

  1. My husband would like this bit I'm not keen on prawns hot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile at the Carbonara with just pasta and bacon. I don't think you need cream, isn't it an egg and cheese sauce? The mish mash looks tasty, I like prawns, and would be happy with a plate of your pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I don't do a proper carbonara, I do bacon, onions, mushrooms, sometimes leeks, crème fraîche and parmesan on top - to be fair, it tasted fine with just bacon ! lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...